7th PLGBC GREEN BUILDING SYMPOSIUM
5th October 2017, Reduta Banku Polskiego, Bielańska 10, Warsaw, Poland
- Green Building 2.0 – what is the future of green building
- World at the cross-roads needs a revolution – world megatrends and their influence on building industry
- Ground-breaking research on influence of buildings on people’s health and well-being
- Innovative architecture & integrated design
In today’s dynamic world should we follow global megatrends and recommendations of breakthrough research or maybe rather constantly refer to well-established schemes? Or maybe to combine these two approaches? Find alternative ways of thinking, which perhaps will help us to avoid making the same mistakes again and again.
Prof. Charles Kibert, Ph.D. Marcin Popkiewicz, Ross Shuster and Foster+Partners’ representative will try to find answers these questions.
SESSION: GREEN BUILDING FINANCING
- Challenges for financing green buildings
- Innovative financing products and market opportunities to scale-up
- EU EPBD and the NZEB: What after the 2020?
- Return on investment in sustainable buildings
Buildings as the largest sector of final energy use offer the largest sustainability related investment opportunities. Led by its mandate to assist the region in transition to open and competitive market economy, the EBRD sees green investments as integral part of the mandate and sees the market transition as a transition to low-carbon economy too.
In this session EBRD invites partners and counterparts from the region to discuss innovative and market focused financing instruments, adapted for specifics of the building sector and reflecting the market needs.
SESSION: GREEN BUILDING DESIGN & TRENDS
- Outstanding green buildings in Poland and world-wide – practical solutions
- Challenges in creation of sustainable indoor environment
- Workplace of the future
- How to make green buildings really green in operation
We can construct the fanciest sustainable building where employees have the ‘workplace of the future’ with the best IEQ, equipped with green solutions, visually and functionally friendly. But such a building will be really sustainable when its final users are engaged in the continuous process of making it so. How to make a green building really green?
In this session we’ll also deconstruct some myths regarding green building and discuss various approaches to sustainable design.
Exceptional Green Building Awards Gala
+ VR experiment – enter the virtual reality!
* Simultaneous interpretation ENG/PL will be provided